The Journey from Risk Assessment to Remediation
We are delighted to announce that we will be holding our 4th conference back at the studio in Birmingham City Centre on Wednesday 29th September 2021.As ever our aim is to provide a “different”, engaging and thought-provoking day and given the 18 months we have all experienced we will be providing plenty of time to catch up with colleagues old and new.
This year we will be looking to leverage your brainpower and passion to explore what we see as two important industry themes:
- What is betterment? A phrase so frequently used but how do you define a good remediation scheme underpinned by betterment? Lets work it out!
- Verifying materials management – we are gambling with waste and there are significant risks to the industry if we do not get our act together – can we put together some simple and easy to follow guidance?
Our aim is to develop a baseline of materials to support the creation of two new working groups that can set about the preparation of two new good practice guides for these really important topics. Please join us.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Format for the Day
- Welcome – an opening session looking back on what has been achieved over the past 2 years followed by a short overview of each of the working groups and an introduction to the themes of the day.
- What is Betterment? – an interactive workshop with a visit from our old friends ACME Remediation and a series of scenarios to help us “group think” the basis of our best practice guide.
- Early Career Practitioners – as ever we are inviting presentations from our ECP members in a friendly and collegiate forum.
- Gambling with Waste – Our second workshop topic will work through a hub and cluster concept to gather thoughts and inputs for how we verify the legal and traceable movement of materials.
- Open Forum – we will close the conference with a forum open to all.
- Closing Drinks Reception – We would like you to join the RemSoc Committee for an informal complementary drink following the conference at a nearby venue to be confirmed.
- 09:00 – Coffee and Networking
- 09:30 – Welcome and Update on RemSoc Activities for the year
- 09:50 – Thought piece on the topics for today
- 10:10 – Workshop Opening Session
- 10:40 – Break
- 11:00 – Betterment Workshop
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:30 – ECPs
- 14:15 – Gambling with Waste
- 15:00 – Break
- 15:15 – Gambling with Waste (Continued)
- 16:15 – Wrap Up
- 16:45 – Close with complimentary drinks at local venue
Conference Joining Details
The conference fee, which will include refreshments throughout the day and lunch, will be £50 (excluding fees). To purchase tickets for the conference, please click the link below.
Renew your membership at: http://www.remsoc.org/membership/