Dear SoBRA Member,
We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for Joint Early Careers Workshop held at the Geological Society on 19th June 2018.
Joint SoBRA/Geological Society & RemSoc Early Careers Risk Assessment Workshop
Early Careers Risk Assessment Workshop:
How to be a Better Risk Assessor
One Day Workshop at the Geological Society
London W1J 0BG
Date June 19th 2018
This workshop will provide early career professionals with the tools to be a better brownfield risk assessor in the context of geological knowledge and remedial needs. Talks and workshops presented by experts in each field will:
- Provide an overview of key risk assessment frameworks (human health from soil, asbestos, gas and vapours, and controlled waters);
- Develop understanding of the key factors that commonly drive our model projections;
- Explore how such model uncertainty may be reduced by good field practices, good site conceptualisation, and selection of appropriate criteria;
- Introduce potential Chartership and accreditation schemes; and finally
- Provide attendees with an opportunity to network with their peers and attain confidence in a workshop environment.
- After the event a document will be produced summarising the outcomes of the workshops and highlighting key learning points and sharing common mistakes. This will be a useful resource to assist early career professionals in their risk assessments.
Booking is also open for our Summer Workshop regarding the finding tuning of DQRAs for the water environment:
This event, also being held in London, is taking place the day before our early careers event and we look forward to seeing many of you there.
Copyright © 2018 Society of Brownfield Risk Assessment, All rights reserved.